Wednesday, June 30, 2010

by the river





If nothing
near or far
could untie
your love from me

Then I will wait
by the river
I will wait

If nothing
here or later
could make you flee
and ran for from me

Then I will stand
by the water
I will stand

I've never really felt so broken. I've never really been so free.
Seems like all my happy endings fell through
But all your stories they were true.

There's nothing
in this traveling bag
the straw man god
has blown away.

So I will wait
by the river
I will wait


Your promised me
that it was good
and that the flow
would heal my wounds

So I will stand
by the water
I will stand

I've never really felt so broken. I've never really been so free.
Seems like all my happy endings fell through
But all your stories they were true.

No comments:

Post a Comment